Certification Program Offers:
- Convenience and flexibility of distance learning, with structured deadlines to keep you on track
- Optional weekly classes and field trips in Eugene, Oregon
- Hands-on internships working in your own community
- Experienced faculty guidance every step of the way
Unique program combines the growing field of community health workers with holistic health speciialists.
What is a Holistic Community Health Worker?
Holistic Health Workers promote wellness, self-sufficiency, and holistic health awareness through education, informal counseling, social support and advocacy both in the community and individuals. They share knowledge of holistic health care practices with evidence-based medicine in order to empower individuals to take an active role in their own health. They may work with community organizations, health clinics, or work in developing countries.
Training offers an integrated approach which includes basic health assessment including the basics about common health conditions including when medical referral is appropriate. Training includes triage and emergencies procedures for situations where medical care may not be immediately available.
Holistic community health workers have knowledge of health and medical resources in their communities and acts and help people navigate the system and act as an advocate as needed.
Holistic Health Workers work with physical, mental, spiritual, emotional aspects of healing that is unique to each individual.
- Principles of herbalism, approaches and philosophies.
- Plant identification & ethical wildcrafting,
- Terminology, classifications and properties
- Introduction to Materia Medica
- Review of specific herbs
- Formula dosage criteria
- Growing, collecting and preparing herbs
- Preparing basic herbal recipes
- Teas & Infusions
- Tinctures & Extractions
- Syrups & Elixirs
- Lotions & Skin Moisturizers
- Oils, Salves & Balms